Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ohio and PA quilt shops

While on vacation, the honey let me stop at some quilt shops. I was excited to see the prices on the bolts of fabric in Intercourse, PA. Most were $6.99 but I knew I had enough fabric at home so I didn't buy any. I was proud of myself.

This cute shop was in Bird-in-Hand and called Log Cabin Quilts. They had many Amish/Mennonite quilts for sale here plus some fabric. Prices on the queen size quilts were close to $700. Many years ago I bought 2 quilts from a B&B we stayed at for around $200 each. At some stores, the quilts were over $1000, many $1300. Probably a fair price when you think of all the hand quilting that is done on them but I know I couldn't afford them now.
 

Loved, loved, loved the paintings on the side of this shop in Intercourse, PA.
 

In the Amish Ohio area there was an Amish Shop Hop happening. I actually stopped at 3 of the 12 stores. This book was the only thing I bought though. Judy Martin's Log Cabin Quilt Book. I asked if I could take a picture of the quilts they had displayed from the book. It wasn't too hard to get the ladies to say yes. Now if I had asked to take a picture of them, that would have been another story since they were all Amish.
 

Gramma Fannie's Quilt Barn in Berlin, Ohio
 



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Corrine said...

how beautiful makes me want to visit and learn to quilt.

Carolyn said...

When I was in Lancaster a few weeks ago, I stayed in the rooms right above Village Quilts. The back two windows you see were mine! If you go back and need a place to stay, I'd highly recommend it!

Nedra said...

I've been to the PA sights, but not to the Ohio ones. I especially liked the church history pictures. Makes me want to go!

Leslie said...

Oh what suspense:) Beautiful quilts. Looks like this was a fun trip!

The Jackson Clan said...

You take beautiful Pictures. How is life in Lyman. I will be there in a couple of weeks for a swim meet.

Jeni said...

what great pics..i just love the amish colours...looks like you had a great trip
and just love your blog...i am new to blog-land

Khristina said...

I too would have loved to buy one of the Amish quilts but at $1000 that converts back to about $1500 Aussie dollars and I just couldnt pay that amount. Hugs Khris