Friday, January 16, 2009

Purse class

Last night I took a class at my LQS. They are going to be having a monthly purse class this year. January's class was to make "The Angel Bag". You can find the pattern on the sidebar here. My fabric was from Timeless Treasures "Daisy-C". I had never attempted making a bag before so I was glad I went to the class. Now I know how to put in magnetic snaps to close a purse. I also learned how to make a stiffer handle with webbing. All in all, I was quite pleased with the results. I just wished I would have brought my camera...each purse turned out so cute and different!

Here's the treat we got at class. A little purse with chocolate!

Inside of bag. I have to say, I love love LOVE this fabric!

The finished purse. Not sure if I want a fabric flower on it or not.
 

I don't think I showed anyone my Christmas present. The Honey outdid himself this year! I would have never guessed that he would buy this for me AND get me the embroidery module that goes with it too! I am frustrated with the embroidery software since my laptop has Vista and I am having trouble with my computer not recognizing everything is plugged in but I have used Honey's laptop to play with it and I have to admit, I can see this becoming a fun toy to have! I love that man!




Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Love, love, love your purse. I'm thinking you could definitely sell these. I would buy one! Cute fabric!

Nedra said...

You are one lucky lady!

Marilyn said...

Hi there. I selected you randomly to be Blog of the Week on my blog. Congrats and hope you get some visitors.

Corrine said...

i totally love that purse, and I so am envying it!!

Unknown said...

OOOO Wow you got one like my moms