Sunday, April 5, 2009

Did I tell you who I met?

Barbara Jones of Quilt Soup! Oh Yes! I was excited! Barbara came to our LQS to do a class and trunk show. I was able to make it to the trunk show and was so glad I did! Aren't these quilts fabulous?! Barbara makes quilts with big applique blocks so they are quick and easy. My quilt, "We Be Jammin" is a Quilt Soup pattern. It's hard to tell from a pattern picture how beautiful or cute a quilt can be so I loved seeing the trunk show. Sad to say that Barbara's newer quilts were traveling without her to other shops but what we saw were "WOW!". I enjoyed hearing the stories behind each quilt she held up. It really made the quilt come alive when you heard her talk about how each quilt came to be. She also has a blog, you may enjoy reading. You can find it here. Enjoy! (I just wished I hadn't been sitting on the 3rd row with heads in the way!)
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gari in AL said...

How lucky to be able to see these beautiful quilts in person. I love trunk shows.