Monday, August 26, 2013

Knock Knock Knock Knock!

Anyone still out there?!!!!
It has been a long time in "blogland" time of me posting a new post here!

I just haven't been sewing much this summer so the blog has been on the back burner for some time now.

Plus summer is just busy here in Wyoming!  Everyone who lives here knows how short the summers are.  You try to get outside every chance you have before the cold comes again.  This summer has been full of gardening (not going too good this year), to Big Birthday trips, to family reunions.

I did get a bit of sewing in the last part of July.  These darling babies are my grandkids.  The littlest one is missing in these pics since he doesn't walk yet.  Let me tell you....trying to get 6 kids, 6 and under, to cooperate for pictures was exhausting.  First picture the photographer took, the baby did a face plant on the concrete and cried for the next hour and a half.  The next child, 15 months, just kept getting up and walking off every time you sat her down.  Sigh.  Like I said....exhausting.

I had been wanting to make some clothes for the girls for awhile now so figured this would be the time to do it.  After quilting for so many years, it was hard to come back to sewing clothing!  Just reading a pattern was confusing to me at times.  I found a couple of cute patterns on etsy for the tops and used a pattern I already had for the capris/bloomers.  The fabric is from an Adornit line called Nested Owls that I picked up at the Utah Shop Hop in June.  I love it!
 

Ahhhhhh......I already miss these munchkins!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: