Monday, April 7, 2008

Dresden Bloom


I think it was over a year ago that my friend, Cindy, and I were in Green River at a LQS and saw this beautiful quilt made from jelly rolls. The shop had just finished a class on making this Dresden Bloom quilt but we both bought the pattern and ruler so we could make our own. Well. You know how that can be. I am a fabricholic and buy lots of stuff related to quilting but sometimes life gets busy or you just aren't in the mood to make something that you thought was gorgeous months ago. The pattern and ruler sat in my cupboard. Jump forward to about a month ago and the LQS here was having a class on making this same quilt that I already had the materials for so I quickly signed myself and dear Middle Child up! I knew it might be the only way I would actually finish this quilt. I am so glad I did! I still think it is a gorgeous quilt. I used a Maypole jelly roll from Moda and couldn't be happier with my choice! My daughter used a Strawberry Lemonade jelly roll. I wish I had a picture of her quilt. We used bright colors while the other ladies in the class used more fall colors. All turned out beautiful. Here is the pattern if anyone is interested. As you can see the pattern looks so different from what my quilt looks like!

9 comments:

Corrine said...

that turned out beautiful! love the bright colors....so what do you do with all your quilts?

also I started WW first of February lost 9 lbs, but am back up five since spring break and other crazy stuff...decided today to be better and do better...

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

So VIBRANT! It's just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That is just a beautiful quilt. So is the one in your banner at the top of the page.

Donna

Anonymous said...

You should let the little guy play on it...that'd be a cooler picture :D

Amanda said...

Wow! That's a terrific quilt

Anonymous said...

you're brave to set it on that barbed wire fence!

Ashley said...

Love the bright colors!!! It's beautiful. I wish I could see MC's Strawberry Lemonade Quilt too. See if you can get a pic!

Tracy said...

I love this quilt! The pattern and colors are amazing. It doesn't look like most Jelly Roll patterns. I would love to see a pic of the lemondade one too.

Julie said...

Very, very pretty. Very nice use of the jelly rolls - I just love that fabric.