Friday, January 27, 2012

Almost done!

Now to decide if I keep going around with a black border or just stop and wait for binding.  


To make the quilt, I modified a Circle of Nine setting with my BOM blocks.  I will put the 3 extra blocks on the back of the quilt.

Way back when...a whole year ago...when I first heard the LQS ladies calling this a watermelon quilt (because of the red and green colorway) at our January meeting, I knew I had to incorporate some of the design I saw from a quilt in Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting magazine.   The issue is May/June 2010 and the inspiration quilt in found on page 18 of that issue.  It's called Watermelon and Shoofly by Tammy Johnson.  I quickly made several watermelon blocks from the inspiration quilt and they have been waiting patiently to somehow make their way into my own quilt.  A few months ago, I watched a demonstration on how to make a Circle of Nine quilt.  I knew that my watermelon blocks would work perfectly with some modification on my part.  I added the ants and crows onto the corner blocks just because.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ashley said...

It's beautiful! I love it!

Nedra said...

Really cute Jana! I love the watermelon effect surrounded by blocks.

janessa said...

Your birds are so funny! I love them!