Friday, July 27, 2012

I'm a Sheep.


Just call me a follower!  I couldn't resist.....I tried......but just had to go ahead and join the fun of making some blocks for the Great Granny Quilt-Along.

Middle child, baby and I were at the cabin last week.  It was rainy, overcast, thunderstorming weather a few days we were there so perfect to stay inside and sew a few blocks.  I took a couple of jelly rolls with me and the instructions on how to make the square.  It was a toss up of which jelly roll to use but I decided that I would finish up the rest of the roll called Maypole.

I had made this Dresden Quilt over 4 years ago with the Maypole jelly roll and still had a lot of strips left over.


My makeshift sewing area at the cabin with my 2 1/2" squares.

First square being sewn.
 
Here's my makeshift design wall.  Ended up only making 4 squares but hey! it's a start!

One of our overcast days but oh how I love our view!
 
If you want to join, here's the info from Lori Holt's page.  


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nedra said...

how fun to be able to sew Great Grannies up at a lovely cabin :)

I just finished #20. Now to put them together with sashing!

Cassandra said...

I too want to be a sheep and make Granny Squares. ;) Your blocks are really pretty!