Sunday, September 2, 2012

Goodbye Summer!

Summer has gone by way too fast....as it does every year in this part of the country!  Seems like my body just defrosts from the cold winter and then it is back again in full force!  This weekend has been full of heavy rain so I guess I have to say goodbye to another quick summer and give a big hello to fall!

Youngest son came home safe and sound from his internship in San Antonio in August.  He had a great time interning with USAA.  They really know how to "wine and dine" their interns with lots of fun activities to keep them busy.  Joel has already been asked to intern again with them next year but I think he wants to try something new in his field just to see what else is available to him before he has to make a career choice.  

Last week, we said goodbye to him as he headed to BYU.  He was accepted into their Information Systems Managment Master's program (computers) so he has another two years before he is finished.   I will miss not having him around but we are season ticket holders for BYU football so we will see him alot at the games this fall.

New mommy started school too this past week!  She is in 3rd grade.  I have been helping take care of lil' princess while mommy is off to her inservice meetings and now school.  Kinsley is now 4 months old.  She is such a joy to have in our lives!  I'm a bit rusty in what to do with such a young baby but I think Kinsley took pity on grammie and was on her best behavior! 

In my spare time I have been working on this applique quilt for our newest addition coming in December!  It is called Benji's Pockets and can be found here.  I hope my eyes will work like they use to when I have to add the embroidery to each block!  I tried getting prescription glasses last week but they caused all sorts of problems for me so I am back to using my dollar reading glasses.  The quilt needs to be at the quilter's in October so I hope I can finish it easily. 

That's it for now! 


2 comments:

Nedra said...

You've done a great job raising your children, who have set good goals. And what a cute quilt for a new grandbaby :)

Ashley said...

Love the quilt! You are so talented and giving! :-)