Friday, February 8, 2013

Emily's 2nd Quilt

My daughter-in-law finished her 2012 BOM!  She brought it over to show me after she picked it up from the quilter.  There was a bit of trouble with the borders but I am so excited for her to push on and finish!  It is big enough to go on her bed so she had a lot of fabric to push through her machine.  I am so proud of her!  The setting of the blocks was something we found online so she kind of winged how to put it all together.  No directions at all.  I was a big help.  I told her to just look at the picture and then decide how big she wanted her blocks and to go for it---after I showed her how the original was pieced together.  Her 1st quilt was a BOM too (Noah's Ark).  It is such a great way for beginner quilters to learn to sew quilt blocks plus they get a quilt at the end of the year!
 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nedra said...

Nice job! I really like how she double bordered each block. In fact, I am just putting together a quilt and may use this idea!