Friday, January 3, 2014

December Finish

Found this beautiful flannel in my LQS and wanted to make myself a lap quilt for our snowy winters here in Wyoming.  I wanted a pattern that was easy and quick since I was just using it to wrap myself up in.  I settled on Suzanne McNeill's 10 Minute Block.   You can watch her video here.  There are other videos of the same block on YouTube.

Our quilt guilt made a several quilts this past year with this block.  Basically, you take 10" squares and sew them together.  Even the center black fabric is from a 10" square.  I didn't notice how much the squares could look like a bow tie until I had everything on the design wall.

My sweet quilter quilted the quilt beautifully.  I told her to just do some edge to edge but she wasn't sure she could do it with the centers.  I love what she did!

Happy New Year everyone!  I am excited to see what 2014 brings!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: