Tuesday, July 21, 2009

30's and B/W

It took longer than usual to get this quilt back from my quilter. I love the technique of making a block and then cutting it up and putting it back together in 4ths. It's easy and quick since you don't match up each new square. The sun is bright and hot today but I like this pic better than the one in the house. I have such crazy wall colors that it doesn't work too well taking pics against it.
 

Pic of some of the quilting. I'm happy to say I used my stash for all of this quilt! Have to admit that is mighty unusual for me. I am always buying fabric. You know I didn't make a dent in what I still have. :)
 

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Terrie Sandelin said...

Your quilt is so lovely! And the batik storm at sea in your title bar is wonderful!

Una said...

I love your quilt! The yellows really make it glow. The way you photographed it is also very nice:) Greetings from Una in Norway