Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas and Block of the Month

Here is one of my Christmas presents this year! I wasn't too sure about it when I opened the box since I didn't think I needed it but I put it up today (just like a tent--so very easy) and middle child and I have been playing with it today while we sewed. It's so much easier seeing your blocks on a wall than on the floor! I am going to love this, I think. (We'll see when I have to take it apart) These are middle child's BOM that we made through our LQS.
 
Here are some of the versions of the pieced BOM finished by some of the ladies that work at Valley Fabric. We were able to choose either the "peach" or the "chocolate" fabric to make our blocks. I choose chocolate and middle child chose the peach.
 
 
 
And here is the appliqued BOM. One of my daughter-in-law's is making this one.
 
In January, Valley Fabric will begin another year of BOM's. We had fun this past year going each month. Now to sew my last block and then get my quilt blocks put together.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nedra said...

How fun to see all the blocks put together in different settings. It really shows each personality coming forth. Looks like Santa was very good to you!

Ashley said...

I love, love, love the animal one! I wish I knew how to make it!

wendyytb said...

Wow! You inspire me!! I have an " I Spy" quilt to make and I am looking forward to starting it.