Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to my youngest!

20 years ago today my youngest daughter was born! She asked for a Halloween quilt for Christmas but I decided to surprise her and kept it until her birthday today. It was fun to make since all the time I sewed or cut I was thinking of her and all she means in my life. Happy Birthday sweetie, I love you!
 
I decided that just in case she got tired of seeing Halloween all year long, even though it is her favorite holiday, I would use some "groovy" minkee on the back. I can't believe all the fun minkee fabric that is available nowadays!
 
Happy Birthday........love you much, mom
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

wendyytb said...

I love your quilt! What size is it?

Nedra said...

Yes, you are right, it's a little surprise to see a Halloween quilt at Christmas time. It might give us inspiration to get going on next years projects!

Nedra said...

Hi Jana,
I couldn't find your e-mail address on your web site, so I'll just answer your questions here:
Elizabeth hasn't been to Japan yet, but will leave in July to teach English through the JET (government) program. She chose Japan because she loves it. She took her first Japanese class in college and kept going from there. One summer, when she was a teenager she went as an exchange student to Germany, but she has always been facinated with the Japan language and it's culture.