Sunday, December 6, 2009

Denver once again!

We were able to fly to Denver this weekend to attend the baby blessing of our darling granddaughter. Flights were only $25/one way so we couldn't pass up the great deal and fly! Middle daughter and her dh went with us. She found a good deal on a downtown hotel for our first night. It was a fun hotel to stay at. Certainly not your average hotel! Very art deco!
This was room. Hotel Monaco.
 

The ceiling in the lobby.
 

And the lounge area, where you could sit and relax if you didn't want to be in your room.
 

I forgot how to change my settings on the camera so this is the only semi-good pic that came out showing downtown Denver. We just happened to be there at the same time the city was having a light parade. It was excellent! If I am ever in Denver again at Christmastime, I would love to attend it again. Of course it really helped that we were able to look down on the parade from our hotel room so we stayed warm!
 
Here's the cutie who has been the star this weekend! 10 weeks old.
 
And you know I couldn't visit without this happening........! What is it with me and snow in Denver?! I thought it was suppose to be just a few flakes this weekend!
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nedra said...

Beautiful grand daughter. I can see why you would jump at a chance to be there for her special occation.
And look at that hotel room! Yowser!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jana...That ceiling of the hotel is the most unusual paint job on a ceiling I've seen outside of the old frescos' in Europe! It is cool! Your granddaughter is beautiful. I have 5 granddaughters and of course they are very pretty too...but yours looks like a little princess!! I bet she is! :)