Sunday, January 10, 2010

Another Year of BOM's

Saturday was the beginning of the LQS' BOM for the year. I was excited to see all the choices that we had. In fact, there are too many choices. You only get one "free" quilt but you can pay for the other BOM's if you want to make them. When you consider how much a kit can cost, the price is still reasonable so I might decide to make both applique quilts this year. How can you not love a Western quilt when you live in Wyoming?! Middle child obviously doesn't love it since she is going to make the pieced blocks again. She chose the purple/green colorway. I couldn't pass on the apron blocks. I have a pattern that I bought years ago that is made up of different aprons and never made it. This year I will finally have one when December comes around again!

Here are several of the apron blocks. Our first block to make is the one in the upper right corner.
The Western block is on the left and the pieced blocks on the right.

The yellow/blue colorway of the pieced patterns. There will also be another kit to make the blocks larger like the purple blocks.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

katieltj said...

Hi Jana! I just found your blog and was so excited to see all of your quilts on here! I just got a sewing machine and love to see all the different ideas! If you want to check out my blog my address is http://katieltjamk.blogspot.com/