Thursday, April 1, 2010

Almost April and it's doing this outside!

It was snowing all night and still going strong all day yesterday late into the night. Even had the Interstate closed for awhile and then chain law in effect.  Spring always comes late in these parts of the country.  While everyone else is starting to garden, we still have this on our lawn:
I had to laugh the other day when I read Rae Ann's blog post about having no self control when it comes to buying fabric.  I'm afraid I am the same way.  No matter how much I tell myself that I will not buy new fabric...something always comes along that I fall in love with and "have to have".  Here is one of my latest purchases:  it is from Katie Cupcake called Marabella.
I am using the fabric to make another hat and the sunsuit in the pattern below.  Do you remember these patterns?  I use to make alot of little dresses for my girls with these patterns.  So glad I kept them!
More purchases.  I fell in love with this from Blank Textiles also called Maribella  Love the richness of the colors.  I saw this made up into a purse.  Not sure what I will do with it but it was one of those "got to have it" purchases.  I'm sure no one can relate.  


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nedra said...

Rae Ann lives up to her word! I can testify that when she goes into a quilt shop she always finds the cutest things. She is very fun to shop with.
Your fabrics are beautiful. I hope the snow melts soon.

Ashley said...

Oh, I hope you don't know another little girl who you're making all these cute things for!! :-)
I'm hoping they're for us!
Love the cloth!
Stay safe and warm with all that snow!