Friday, April 2, 2010

Tuesday was sewing day

Middle child came over and sewed on Tuesday.  She had to play catch-up with the Jelly Roll Sampler quilt.  I finished my 3rd block.  It's always funny to place the blocks on the design wall to see how they match up.  Not sure if Middle Child will redo her first block or not.  Can't we all relate?!  :)  (I'm unpicking something right now)  I look at it this way....every block or quilt we make is a learning process.  I'm just proud of her for beginning to have a love for sewing!
Middle child is also a first grade teacher.  Two of her fellow teachers are retiring at the end of this year.  Tradition is that the other teachers make a levi quilt for them.  These are the blocks Middle child will add to the quilt.
Middle child has sure been busy!  Or not...just depends on how you look at it.  I bought her this quilt kit a few years ago with the hopes that she would take up quilting with me.  Ummmm....she finally finished it.  The flowers are wool.  Now she needs to get it off the design wall and quilt it.  She thinks I will do it for her.  Don't think so!

Hopefully I can show you her cute coupon wallet she made soon!  Tuesday was a very busy sewing day!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nedra said...

I need to join the Jelly Roll Sampler group. Tell you daughter her blocks have encouraged me! How wonderful that you can quilt together.