Friday, October 8, 2010

A new quilt and new toys!

Am working on this right now. Suppose to be to the quilter tomorrow. :) I'm not too worried. It's going to be a Snuggle blanket. My idea is to make each grandbaby a small quilt, add a few books, then tell their parents that these are "snuggle" quilts....snuggle up in them and read. I loved the panel with the animals on it when I saw it in the LQS but it wasn't until I got it home and really studied it, that I saw none of the animals were in a perfect circle. It's going to bug me but hopefully the little one getting this quilt won't care when he is older.
 

I had seen these lil' gadgets before but didn't think I needed one until I was at the Utah State Quilt Guild show and heard someone started walking by a booth I was in, stopped in her tracks, picked up one of these and told the booth owner that she saw they were carrying her most favorite seam ripper. Of course my friend and I had to each buy one after hearing her rave about it! They are called The Wizz Ripper Gripper. I can't get the website to work but here is a review of it. And another review. Here is a great price for it! Don't know anything about this site though so be careful if you order it from there.
 

Just put it near your sewing machine and you can rip apart each block as you chain piece. It also comes out of the heart so you can even rip apart your mistakes.....not that I would ever need to use it that way......umprgh.....yea right.....just had to do it a few minutes ago.
 

This was priced right so I picked up this lil' light so I can clip it to my embroidery hoop when I stitch in the evenings. Haven't tried it yet but I hope it will be a great tool for these old eyes of mine!
 
Now back to sewing!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: