Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkins!

In my Church, I work with the girls that are ages 12 to 18. They are such a fun group! October is my month to plan activities with them so we decided to have a Halloween dinner at the end of the month. This past Wednesday, the girls made Bat invitations to give to all the single "Ghoul Groan-ups" (girl grownups). I also had them make cheesecloth ghosts. I was very surprised that they had never made them before!

We also made these cute simple pumpkins. Takes all of 30 seconds! Just get a fat quarter or scrap of fabric. Place toilet paper roll in the center of fabric then bring fabric up and into the roll. Finish it off by adding a leaf and a stick for the stem. The girls loved making them! We plan on using them and the ghosts for the centerpieces on each table. Should be a fun night!
 

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chris said...

Too cute. We did something similar (years ago)but used cinnamon sticks for the stems so they smelled nice :)

Nancy Face said...

Your fabric pumpkins look great! Last year when I was an Activity Days leader we made them with our girls!

Thanks for visiting my silly blog and leaving a comment! It's so fun to hear from new people! :)