Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Update on Girl's Camp/Missionary

I survived!
What else can I say?! Actually I had a great time! At the last minute we had an extra girl come but it worked out well. The weather was beautiful. With the week before being cool, the week of Girl's camp was so nice. We didn't even have mosquitoes or horseflies! I get bit all the time during the summer from those pesky bugs so it was really a nice blessing to not have those lil' things around all week. The girls were great and got along so well. I couldn't believe it when they would come to me and ASK if they could go to bed! Ummmm...sure you can, even if it's only 10:00 p.m.! (And no. I did NOT drug them!) Who would have thought that a bunch of teenagers would be so tired by the end of the day that they would want to go to sleep?! The only downside happened on the first night. I was hoping that someone would turn the fast running, noisy river down to a more managable sound level. I thought it would be so fun to fall asleep to running water. Instead it kept me awake most of the night because it was raging so loud!

Lil' man made it safe and sound to Tennessee. He is loving it out there though he mentions bugs and humidity. :) He was still in Heaven when we lived in Corpus and Kingsville so he wasn't prepared for what humidity would feel like all day long. He's a trooper though since he says that he is starting to get use to it. I lived in South Texas for several years and I never got use to it. That tells me he is being upbeat and happy. I am so glad.

6 comments:

sandals said...

Hi! My name is Sandy Turner and I live in Elder Anderson's area--Mt. Juliet. My husband is Ward Mission Leader and we are coming to find out Elder Anderson is a great missionary already! He wanted me to check out your blog since I love stitching. I have a blog, too: www.turnerbriefs.blogspot.com. Have a great day!
Sister Turner

sandals said...

Oh yeah--I forgot to mention that my mom is from Lovell, Wyoming and my dad is from Byron, WY. I was born in Powell, WY. Do you know any Mangus families? Crosby's? Benson's?

Jana said...

Oh my gosh! Glad I updated! Thanks for letting me know about Elder A! I think he will be a great missionary....not that I am partial or anything but he is a great "people person". :)

Jana said...

We live on the western side of the state so I don't know those names. Sorry. Small world that your parents are from here!

Sonja said...

I am so glad you survived girls camp. How nice to have a great bunch of girls.
I am glad you put your blog up I guess I need to get mine up and running.
I have been thinking of Jessica lately and I need to send her a graduation gift. I hadn't gotten out of town for awhile so I have been slow with the graduations.
Anyway, glad Joel is doing well. I can't wait to follow him on his site as well.

AlmaRosa said...

Dear Jana, what a beautiful quilt!!!!
I can't stop looking at it, and your colors are gorgeous.
Alma Rosa (quilting in Mexico City)