Sunday, May 3, 2009

Away on Business....

Have had a couple of busy weeks traveling with the Honey on his business trips. Our first trip just happened to coincide with the big Spring Snow Storm in Denver. Where I live, the snow falls horizontally. It was pretty seeing it come down in a straight fall. And fall it did....for 4 days! By the time it was done snowing, we had about a foot of snow around us! The most interesting thing about the storm was that when we left to drive home, we had alot of snow. When we got to downtown Denver, there was nothing. The drive between the two places was about 15 minutes. Such an odd storm. Here's some pics while we were with our kids:
 

 

This past week was spent in Canada. I finally have a passport so I hope to be able to use it more than just this trip!
 

Not all grocery stores were like this one where you had to pay to get a shopping cart but I had to take a picture. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to shop there much since I never have money in my purse. I wouldn't ever be able to get a cart!
 

Been awhile since I have seen a new car so I was intrigued with the gear shift being on the dash and the keyless key to start your car with!
 

My daughter recently found out she is allergic to soy so she was VERY happy to find this ice cream shop with all natural products. We had to go there more than once since she finds it hard to eat out in restaurants since soy is in almost all packaged foods.
 

All I can say is that I was happy no one was around......
 

Regina is the home to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Academy. It was interesting to visit the museum but I'm still not sure if they are like our highway patrol, regular policemen or if they are deputies/sheriffs. Of course I didn't think to ask until we left the museum.
 

While waiting for a movie one night, we decided to go bowling. My goodness! The game has really changed or this is a new Canadian version! You only bowl 5 pins. It is not as easy as you might think! Very hard to hold a small ball and let it go at just the right time.
 

Customs. This was to get into the country. Getting out was a different story. I didn't know that one child had put his trinkets in my carryon. Of course I got searched. Heaven forbid you try to help the baggage security guy. If I had known what he was looking for, I might have been able to point him in the right direction in my suitcase without him taking everything out. I was so afraid he was going to have to go through my dirty laundry. Finally he found the culprit. What he thought was scissors, turned out to be a key ring. Of course my daughter was behind me having her own bag searched---they finally decided it was her makeup letting off the wrong signal. My son's bag was also searched. Dear Honey was patted down. The only one that got away was sil who checked his bag. When we entered Minneapolis, we all breezed through security.......no commment.
 

Next post I will show Moose Jaw....isn't that the best name ever for a town?!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: