Friday, May 22, 2009

Not much going on here......

I haven't taken many pictures lately. Seems that since the warmer weather has begun, I have been outside. This year I am going to try my hand at having a vegetable garden. I have tried to grow a few things over the years but never really had a real garden. Seems we have always lived in places where the soil is horrible or the growing season is terrible or something is so wrong that other people suggest we don't even try. Well, now I live somewhere that you can grow stuff! Not sure how it will all end up but I am excited!

I do have this picture though. Remember how I said not to look at my red rug in my old dining/new reading room? Well, we found this one at Home Depot and I took pics to see if I liked it. Too bad I don't know how to photoshop it into my room in place of the red rug so I could really see how it would look. I haven't ordered it yet....have been slow in making a decision. What do you think...too much? (I am thinking of the black one, not the red or beige that are off to the side)


No word yet on when my black/white/30's quilt will be done. I went into the shop yesterday and they still haven't started it. Haven't been sewing except for BOM's but I signed up to play in Pat Sloan's tea cup swap. I don't drink tea but I have been in several of her swaps before and they have been good quality so I am excited about this one. I actually found vintage type Alice in Wonderland blocks that I hope to incorporate into the quilt, if the blocks aren't too crazy. So excited!

2 comments:

janessa said...

i like the rug, i think it will go really well in your room and incorporate pretty well with the rest of your house, too.

The Jackson Clan said...

The lil' guy is great!!!! All is doing well. The movie was also good, but I like the first one better. I still liked this one though and it was funny so it is worth the see. I really did like that resturant! is was very yummy!