Sunday, May 3, 2009

Moose Jaw, SK

I have to admit that I did a bit of googling before we left for Canada. With the boys at a conference all day, for several days, us girls were going to "have" to shop and tour. One of the closer towns to Regina is called Moose Jaw so I looked it up online and found out that it was going to be my kind of town! Just a quaint, cute place.....with quilt shops included! They were even having a quilt show on the day we were there but I knew no one except me would be interested so we took a tour of some underground tunnels they have in the downtown area. The story is that Al Capone, the famous gangster, may have hidden out there at times.

This stands in front of the visitor center of Moose Jaw.
 

Darling daughter took this pic....I wanted one to show the whole board----it is all the flavors this resaurant had of wings or chicken strips. Plenty to choose from! Their shake board was filled with just as many flavors! Have you ever tried a lime shake? Me neither. I stuck with good ol' chocolate.
 

Loved their downtown area! I should have taken more pics of all the murals that were downtown. Here are just a couple:
 

 


Next....what I found at the quilt shops........you knew I had to have bought something, whether I needed it or not.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nedra said...

What a great name for a town: Moose Jaw. Love it.

Dawn said...

Love the pic of the mural that looks like the inside of a store!! Looks like you and the fam are having a fun time!!

Sonja said...

a lime shake......sounds lucious, i would have tried it. It sounds like you are having a great time.