Friday, February 26, 2010

Meet Me in the Meadow

I have LOVED this fabric since the first day I saw it last year! It's called Meet Me in the Meadow by Jill Finley for Henry Glass fabrics. When I fall in love with a fabric collection I usually buy a 1/2 yard of each fabric I want. I had just enough to make a crib size quilt but I am thinking that I might buy a bit more so I can make at least 3 more blocks. That way I would have a bigger wall hanging. But why stop there???? Maybe I will just keep going and make more blocks for a lap quilt or even a bed quilt! I'm telling ya...this fabric just makes me smile. The yellow is not from the same line. 1/2 yard was not enough for the stars so I ended up using Regency Rose by Laurie Bird for Windham fabrics. I love the white polka dots on it.
The pattern is Orion's Star by Eleanor Burns. I hadn't really made any quilts by Eleanor before making my Day and Night quilt but I like how she teaches and there is a picture for each step so if you are a beginner or haven't yet tried some new quilting step, she walks you through it quite clearly. It's a quick pattern to make. One of those "Quilt in a Day" pattern that Eleanor is famous for.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Wonderful quilt Jana! I so love that line of fabric. Beautiful!