Monday, February 15, 2010

Red Aqua

In trying to keep up on my desire of getting old projects finished, I pulled out my swapped red/aqua disappearing 9 patch blocks. These are from a swap that Jane hostessed a few months ago. Not sure what I am going to end up with but here are some of the ideas I have had. I am leaning towards #4 but maybe that is just because it is still on the design wall and would be easy to sew together. It has been hard trying to decide what to do since some blocks had the aqua in the middle and others have the red. Some blocks are not even in the colors either they used. It's definitely going to be a bright quilt no matter what I end up with!
I like the blocks having the red on the outside but I don't have enough of these blocks to make the quilt very big.


Red blocks on the outside and aqua on the inside.


Red, then aqua blocks.
A mixture of both colors in each block.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nedra said...

I still have my blocks sitting in a bag and haven't decided how to place them yet. It's nice to see your version coming together.

Starr said...

I like the last one. How cute!

Mary said...

I love the colors. I like the first layout. Today I was skiing and saw a young girl in turquoise and red and decided I wanted to make a quilt in those colors. how fun