Wednesday, June 2, 2010

By the time you read this....

.....we will have picked up our son from his mission for our Church! This is a picture of my son 2 years ago right after he left.
 
While he's been gone, he has worn out not 1 but 3 pairs of shoes from walking door to door to share our Church's message about Jesus Christ.
 
The Honey and I are picking him up in Tennessee. But we are going to do some traveling and see the different areas where our son has lived. I am so excited that I get to visit Paducah, Kentucky! As you can see, our son served in that area and has already told me how much I am going to love it.
 
 
So now you know why I haven't been doing too much sewing or blogging! Getting ready for this boy to get home has taken lots of my time. Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nedra said...

Congratulations Jana! What a happy time. I know two years is a long time, but how wonderful that he chose service for Heavenly Father and the Savior. Enjoy your time! Will you make the men wait at quilt stores?

Ashley said...

We are too, too excited! I have tears in my eyes! Please give Joel a great big hug for us. :-) Jared is really hoping that you'll have time to squeeze in a quick phone call to him. Have a great time...we're thinking of you and wishing we were there!

sandals said...

Hey! This is Sandy Turner. We would love to meet you! I'm in the Mt. Juliet area--Elder Anderson's first area! If you let us know when you're in town we'd love to have you stop by!

Nanette Merrill said...

oh jana, yippee for you, what a great kid, you should be super super proud. I know you are.