Thursday, July 15, 2010

My bags are packed!

Here I go! Finally going to do something quilt related! It's been awhile. Summer has been so busy for our family but now I get to go to our State Quilt Guild Retreat! I can hardly wait!

Here's my Tutto (a gift from the Honey) with my retreat sewing machine. I love this machine so much! When my mother passed away many years ago, my dad gave me some money that mom had kept in her credit union. I was able to purchase this machine plus a very nice sewing/serger cabinet. This machine is a work horse!!! I didn't need my newer model at all but the Honey bought me a new machine for Christmas one year so now this machine goes with me to classes or to the cabin. I really do miss not using it all the time.
 

My fabric selection for the class I will be taking tomorrow. It's a stash pile that I bought without having a quilt in mind. Love the bright colors of this fabric! It is called Fanciful by Renae Lindgren for Wilmington.
 

Here is the first class I will be taking. I bought this book several months ago and thought it looked interesting. When I saw there would be a class teaching how to make the quilts in the book I had to sign up. Who wants to read the directions when someone will just tell you how to make it?! I love quilt classes!
 

My other class I signed up for is being taught by Mary Lou Weidman. She is a National Teacher so class should be fun and interesting. I am going to be out of my element since the class is based on her book, Flower Power but I am excited to see what we make!
 

Hopefully next blog post can show the results of my classes!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I have the very same Bernina! At a quilt retreat a local guy told me to never sell it as it is the best most reliabel Bernina ever made. It was built back when all the parts were metal and before the cost cutting in part making became the norm. I have never had one day of trouble with my machine and feel blessed to have bought it about 20 years ago. Lived in Seattle then and now am making quilts in Vegas. I know. Seams silly in this heat! :-)