Saturday, July 17, 2010

Quilt Show

Thought I would post these pics tonight of the small quilt show that was in conjunction with Quilt Wyoming. Several quilts caught my eye for different reasons.

This first quilt was very different. The Bible was printed on pellon or some other sort of interfacing. It also was several pages so it could be turned like a book.
 

Hard to believe that this "painting" is really fabric instead of paint! It was amazing!
 
Here's another one that shows the fabric a bit more.
 
I should have read the tag on this one. Reminded me of a Pam Bono pattern. Maybe it is?
 
This is a Christmas quilt. Can you see the Christmas trees surrounding the star?
 
A way to incorporate doilies onto a quilt.
 
This was a beautiful quilt. Each embroidered block has some black beading sewn on it.
 
A close-up of one of the blocks.
 
Will show more pics from the quilt classes I took in another post. I had a great time!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nedra said...

I have to admit that I have never seen the Bible quilted before.
Don't you love quilt shows, and to see the origial pieces?