Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wonder Weights

Have you ever seen these lil' guys before? My mom used them a few times when she cut out patterns for clothes many years ago. If I remember correctly though she didn't like them very much because they tore the pattern while she cut around them because they are heavy. I refound them this past weekend in my mom's old sewing machine cabinet. Middle daughter wanted to take the cabinet home with her so I cleaned out the drawers and found them. I think they are going to come in handy with my quilting.
 

Here's what I am going to use them for....keeping my quilt steady on my cutting table while I cut. They are heavy enough that I don't have to worry about the quilt falling off the table.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

I haven't seen wonder weights in forever. Great find! Stumbled upon your blog this morning and happy to have done so. I'll be back. ;o)

Maria said...

Found your blog through Quilting Gallery. Just LOVE your gorgeous bright work.
Have never seen wonder wieghts but they are great to stop your fabric from sliding from the table.
http://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com