Thursday, November 4, 2010

Are you playing along?

The Layer Cake Sampler Quilt Along started yesterday. Is anyone playing? I am! I have had a couple of layer cakes for ages and decided to use them up.

I love the Charisma fabric (on the left) but it might be a tad too busy for this quilt. I am disappointed that the pinwheel doesn't stand out more. Most of the fabric is busy and dark with not much contrast. We will see what happens as the weeks go by. The one on the right is unknown fabric. I love the colors in it...bright, deep pinks and greens but again, it might not be a perfect choice for a sampler quilt. At least I can feel good that I am using some of my stash, right?!
 

Started cutting out another grandbaby's snuggle quilt today. I am not getting much done though...a few months ago I downloaded the pilot show of "In Plain Sight" and watched it on a flight to Denver. I enjoyed it enough to check out the rest of the first season on Netflix. BUT I am finding it is hard to watch tv/computer and also try to sew. I hear of other quilters being able to do both at the same time. I guess I'm not one of them. Darn because I am kind of getting hooked on the show! It probably isn't wise to just watch tv all day is it? :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

scraphappy said...

I enjoy In Plain Sight as well, it's easier to watch a show while quilting if you've seen it before. I find it hard to watch something I'm really interested in because I get too distracted. I really like your layer cake blocks, especially the pink one.