Sunday, November 21, 2010

Finally something to show!

Oh my!! We are having a winter storm here! I have been sick all week so didn't head to Provo for the last home game at BYU but The Honey couldn't miss it yesterday! Yea.......I told him it was going to snow........by the time he was ready to come home, I-80 was closed so he got as far as he could and then had to spend the night in a hotel. He was able to get home during a lull in the storm but it is coming down again right now. So glad we can stay home now and watch the snow fall from inside the house instead of inside a car. We always seems to get stuck in one or two storms each year. I keep thinking we are smarter than that by now after all these years of living in snow but obviously not.

The Honey picked up 2 of the 3 quilts I had at the quilter. I was excited to see them! This is the busy time of year for my quilters and they had had these for a very long time. Of course the one that is the Christmas gift was the one that wasn't finished yet but I have 4 more that need to be quilted before Christmas and they have promised me that they will be done even if they work 24 hours a day! :) I would hate the pressure they (there are 2 of them that longarm) must be feeling right now!

Here's my Red/Aqua one that I did in a swap. It's bold. It's bright. It will make a great snuggle quilt. Disappearing 9-Patch.
 
This is the back of the quilt. I took my own extra fabric pieces and pieced them all together. I kind of like it.
 
This is the Jelly Roll Quilt Along. Already have it hanging up.
 
Now to go snuggle under my quilt and think about the next project on my list!

3 comments:

Nedra said...

Great job on your quilts, you die-hard BYU fans. (I have a matching red and aqua one too!) So glad you are home safe and sound.

janessa said...

ooh, jelly roll one is very nice. i will have to come over and see the quilting detail in person.

Becky J. said...

i love your jelly roll sampler! great colors.