Sunday, April 10, 2011

Saturday Sew Day at the LQS

With the LQS designers being published in their first magazine, they had a fun sew day after our regular BOM meeting. A few of us stayed and played for awhile. I worked on another Buggy Barn quilt that I bought as a kit a few years ago.

This is another version of the quilt that is shown in the newest issue of Quilter's World. The original is orange, pinks and greens. One of the designers told me that she likes this new version better! But I reminded her that she has been looking at the other quilt for a very long time now...this one is just new colors. Both are darling! As soon as I buy the ruler, I will be making it.

Here are the next 2 BOM's for our Saturday Sampler. Middle child won a gift certificate for her last year's quilt on Saturday!
The pieced block:
Next block on our appliqued quilt:
Was a nice day to sew. Met several women from Utah that came to spend the day. They get together every Friday to sew with each other. I couldn't believe they would drive so far....but then again....we quilters are unique!

No comments: