Friday, April 8, 2011

Sew Fun Get-Away

This past weekend, The Honey, my daughters and daughter's friend headed to the cabin to sew. Not The Honey....he just came to relax. He was suppose to ski but was just getting over a cold so he stayed indoors.

Sewing machines got set up quickly on Friday and the girls dived right in on their projects! I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was so I didn't get much done. I ended up not having enough heat-n-bond for my applique pieces.

Look at that face on my baby!!! She isn't quite into sewing yet....plus she thought she should be sleeping all day since she was on "vacation". And her hair.....well.....hard to tell she is a stylist, isn't it?! hahahaha :) (she is going to "love" this pic!)

I bought this magazine because our LQS designers are in it with their quilt pattern. Page 33.

I love their quilt, but I was really drawn to this quilt that is featured right after theirs. I loved it so much that I decided to make it the day before we headed to the cabin. (One of the reasons I wasn't prepared----last minute decisions with color choices were more important than heat-n-bond I guess)

As far as I got....I could have finished the braid but got tired of getting up and down to press. I finished it when I got home with the iron that sits next to my machine.

I also brought this to make. Again.....not enough heat-n-bond so I couldn't do the applique. It would have been a quick, easy quilt to make if I hadn't forgotten the main ingredient for this project!

Middle child sewed up a storm. She is almost finished with her "Not Your Grandmother's Log Cabin" quilt! Look! She matches her quilt!

She also worked on her finishing blocks for this year's BOM from our LQS. These will go with her "watermelon" BOM.

Finished up some more jelly roll blocks and her March BOM.

Here's is her friend. I am amazed at how well these girls sew! This one has never done applique before and had no problem picking up how to do it!

Had snow while at the cabin.....again......am hoping that next time we are there we will see signs of Spring!

2 comments:

Nedra said...

Thanks for reloading. The pics came through great.
What a fun weekend, and what cute daughters. The Not Your Grandmother's is fabulous!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great sewing weekend.