Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Ongoing Dilemma

I decided that I should take time to organize my fabrics better so I would know what I had in my cabinet. You know the reasoning. "If I organize and make it all pretty, then I will use it." It really is very pretty to look at when it's all grouped together and I tie my lil' fabric ribbon around each set. Of course I do have to shove it all back into the cabinet that seems to be shrinking in size daily. I love to ooh and aah over each piece. There are a few pieces I have to wonder about though. Why did I buy THAT? And WHAT was I thinking? But it is getting organized and each piece looks good. My current thought pattern is that I will now see each fabric grouping more clearly with all the fabric ribbons tied around them and then I will be sure to get creative and start using it. I have visions of using it all! Which reminds me.........our LQS is having a huge sale today.........might need to get down there to see what's new. You know. Now that the fabric cabinet is organized all pretty.



4 comments:

Quiltin Jenny said...

Jana,
I love seeing other people's progress in the ongoing quest to organize their sewing areas. You are brave - I'm not sure I'm ready to post pictures of mine.
I have my Orange Crush fabrics all picked out as well, and can't wait to get started. I should post that pic too.
Thanks for the peek at my blog.
Quiltin' Jenny
http://quiltinjenny.blogspot.com

Renee said...

Jana,

I too have been organizing. Good thing too, cause I found some orange fabric that I didn't know that I had and now I can use in the OC quilt. And I had to go and get some more bins because now I have more scraps all sorted by color. Hopefully next week I can get some of my boxes of fabric out of storage and then I will have a really, really large stash. The OC fabric is wonderful and I can't wait to see how they all go together in the quilt. Keep the piece. Renee

Unknown said...

Jana thank you for commenting at my blog. I tried to reply but you must not have your address in it. Easy to do.

Your stacks of fabrics look good now. Are those all put into collections.? Is that the way you buy it.

Ashley said...

Ooh...ahhh...your fabrics really do look so pretty! And they make a beautiful picture all stacked on top of each other! No wonder quilting must be addicting.