Sunday, March 30, 2008

Will it ever get to be Spring?

I wore black to Church today to honor the newest snowstorm we have had. I noticed several other ladies did the same thing. One jokester went so far as to wear her black snowflake sweater. She claims it will be the last time we see it on her this year. Not sure I would go that far since where I live, it could very easily snow in July and she might have to wear it then. We were all hoping that the white stuff was gone for good this season and we could start thinking about our gardens. I am in charge of a gardening enrichment night on the 15th and the women are starting to think that we will have to use snowplows to just find our gardens this year! Of course we can't complain too much. We need the water the snow provides and it has been a good year for that. It's just sad that yesterday I was looking out this same window at my lawn. Today I see a good 3-4" of fresh snow.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow! We had a very similiar experience...70 degree weather last week and then snow this morning. It was less than an inch, so it didn't stick on the roads, and when we came out of church the sun was shining so bright it was all melted. Still I want the warm weather stay for good!

Val said...

Such a nice blog Jana! Thanks for inviting me to stop by. I enjoyed looking at all your pictures and projects. You're doing such a nice job. Blogging just might get addictive. If you're doing Spring Fling who knows, we might be "swap mates", ha.
Val, another sloanie