Monday, March 24, 2008

Red Poppies



I have been buying jelly rolls lately. Either on ebay or from sales I find with internet quilt shops. Instead of just hanging onto the rolls and oohing and aahing over the beautiful colors, I am making some new wall hangings. Shocking I know that I would actually use them! This one will hang in my family room after I varnish my new quilt rack I got from ebay. The pattern is called Red Poppies and comes from the book "Strip Delight" by Suzanne McNeill. I used Moda's Madeira jelly roll. It's on sale at http://www.homespunhearth.com/detail.asp?product_id=ZFjr-MD100&src=LeftColumnBestSellers


I have also found the greatest site for looking at quilt books! http://www.softexpressions.com/software/books/4K10944.php This should take you straight to the page where you can find the Strip Delight book. There are only 10 patterns in the book but look on this page and see how many of the patterns you can actually see!!! I found that most books I looked at were just like this page. Very detailed with pictures of what you would find in the book you are interested in. So now I head to amazon.com to see their prices, then back to this softexpressions.com site to see more of the book before I buy it.

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Ashley said...

Love the poppies!! I've always been partial to poppies ever since Jared and I had our engagement pictures taken in a field or wild, red poppies.