Saturday, August 8, 2009

Do You Remember Having Tea Parties When You Were Young?

I do. So I thought it would be fun to join another Pat Sloan swap. Actually it is suppose to be a Mad Hatter's Tea Cup swap, with the idea of remembering the book, Alice in Wonderland. I couldn't quite get a good idea for the quilt to wrap around Alice so I decided to change mine into remembering those days when I was a little girl and use to play "tea party". I can actually remember one time when my friends put coffee in my little cup. I was so grossed out! We had never done that before! It had ALWAYS been just Kool-Aid or water. It stunk and I didn't want to drink their "tea" so I went home.

Do you remember having tea parties with your dolls? I still have my tea set in my cedar chest, along with my dolls and stuffed animals.

For the swap, we each made 6 tea cups and exchanged them. Background fabric had to be beige and the cups had to be "bright" or "bold" colors. I actually didn't use any of the blocks I received except the one that my daughter made. I will save them for another quilt.

I am also debating if I want to applique some words around the quilt to remind me of those days gone by.
 

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nedra said...

When I was very little, I shared my tea parties with my stick horse underneath a willow tree. No dolls for me!

Karen said...

I love your tea party quilt!

Anonymous said...

WOW! This block is beautiful! You do amazing work!
thanks for sharing....

___________________
Melvin
Get your company name famous across the world with online marketing