Sunday, August 16, 2009

Done!

But not without blood and tears.....

I finished my swap blocks and will get them in the mail tomorrow a.m. I was hoping to be finished alot sooner than today but life sometimes gets in the way of quilting. Imagine that. I almost didn't think I would get the blocks done since my finger got in the way of the needle today. Oh my. If you have ever sewn your finger before, you know the throbbing feeling you get after putting on the band-aid. I was just hoping that by putting on 3 band-aids, it would keep the blood from making a white ghost a rust color.

Now to start the next grandbaby's quilt. This time in blue!
 

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nedra said...

Sigh. And we are not even in the same group. Now I can't have your signiture blood on a block.
BTW- Darling blocks! And lucky ladies who get them!

Melanie said...

Oh my, Jana! Between my mom cutting off her fingertip with the rotary and you sewing yours... I think you two must add a little extra 'boost' to the Diet Coke. Haha! Your blocks are so cute. I need to make a Halloween quilt. :)

The Jackson Clan said...

So the trek was good! It was a lot of hard work because the first day it rained ALL day! We had to pull the cart through all the mud and the yuck.... I was soaked at the end of the day and both my coats were soaked! We were one of the smart familys thought.... We kept a tarp over our cart the whole time so when we got our buckets out they were nice and dry! The second day was a nice hot day for the girls to do the girls only pull!!! That was hard! When you have three 12 year old and your ma.... then me and a 17 year old in the front! Our ma ended up droping off. So it was not easy! We had a blast though and my family was really fun to get to know! I think you guys will have a blast..... just try to stay out of the rain!

FLO_rancher said...

Ouch that sounds painful...has not happened to me yet..knock on wood. Wonderful blocks..a swap is so fun. sew peacefully
Deb};o