Thursday, August 6, 2009

Garden Blessings

I've probably mentioned this before, but I'm not a gardener. This is the first place we have lived in our 31 years of marriage where you can actually dig in the soil and actually grow things! I have tried a few veggies in pots before but haven't had much success. The growing season is very short where we have lived. It is short here too but I am having success! We have already harvested lots of lettuce and spinach plus a couple of green and red peppers. Now lookie what we have! I planted two zucchini seeds because I have heard you always get an overabundance of them. Here are our first 2 fruits from our crop. Guess what we are having for dinner tonight?!

I have also learned that I will not plant pumpkin and zucchini close to each other again in the raised beds. Next year I will plant them both outside the beds so they won't take over everything else that I planted. Such a learning experience but it has been fun watching everything grow. I told myself that I would be happy if the plants just grow. I wasn't even expecting anything to eat. It has been fun to see that even this novice gardener can grow a few things, even with her not knowing what she is doing.
 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow,it looks beautiful...
thanks ...

___________________
Melvin
One Stop shop for all your Email Marketing Solutions