Sunday, September 13, 2009

Almost done and Saturday Sampler

I need to still sew my buttons on my witches' hats but the quilt is done! I'm very pleased with the quilting on this one. Lots of scaredy cats, bats, ghosts, new moons and witches.
 

Even though I live in a small town, we are lucky to have a very nice quilt shop in our midst. One of the ladies who works at the shop is also a pattern designer. These are a couple of her new patterns. Months before I moved here, I came over to attend a benefit auction for someone in the town. A quilt was auctioned off with a darling scarecrow in the center. It has been on my mind ever since I first saw it! It had been a previous BOM from the fabric store. There were no patterns left by the time I moved over so I have been asking Geralyn for another scarecrow pattern all these months. I have even searched online for something similar to what I saw to no avail. Nothing was quite like it. I was so happy to see this scarcrow on Saturday when I went to pick up my free BOM from the shop. Both patterns are made to be doorhangings and they are darling, let me tell you! Geralyn said she hopes to get more designs made like ones for Christmas and Valentine's Day. You can actually buy over the door quilt hangers that go with the quilts! If you look at her website, check out the Moose & Company pattern. It was last year's appliqued BOM! You paid $6 the first month and then the rest of the months were free if you brought back your finished block each month to the store. The shop also does a pieced BOM the same way.
 

Posted by Picasa

No comments: