Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Aqua and Red Disappearing 9-Patch

Have you joined Jane's newest swap? I enjoyed her Halloween swap that just finished so decided to do another one with her. The color scheme is to use only aqua's and red's. I thought I had more of each but as you know I love looking for new fabric so having to shop for some new stuff with just the right colors was fine by me!
 

Nothing to do with quilting but have to share....this lil' guy has my heart. I heard my cell phone ringing today and ran to answer it. No one on the other end. I could tell by the number that it was lil' guy's mom's phone so I said her name a few times. Then I wondered if a lil' cutie could be playing with his mom's phone so I said his name a few times. No answer so I hung up and redialed. Here comes this little voice..."Hi Gramma! I call you!" I heard his mom asking to see the phone and who he was talking to. She told me that he kept telling her that he wanted to call me so I talked to him for a few minutes.....something about trucks.....haven't quite learned how to decipher all the words he says yet. I could hear his dad walk in the house for lunch and the lil' guy says to his dad, "I talk to gramma!" My son took the phone and told me that the lil' guy was now running around the house all excited that he could call me. LOVE that lil boy of ours! I'm so glad it was my number he called when he punched numbers! Makes me smile.

Now back to sewing up some 9-patches for the swap!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nedra said...

Yes, I've joined the 9-patch swap too! It's been fun collecting fabrics.
My little guy calls too, but he's too young to talk in the phone yet. I think babies must be brilliant to figure out that they can dial and then hear our voices.

Nedra said...

Jana,
You asked a few questions on my last post and I can't find an e-mail on your blog or your profile, so I'll answer here.
The Farmers Market (farmersmarketparkcity.com) ?
is open every Wednesday and Friday if I remember right. It was wonderful. Lots of jewelry, foods, fruits and veggies, etc.