Friday, September 11, 2009

Fruits of our labors

Well my lil' garden is still coming along. I am hoping we won't get a cold snap so my tomatoes can keep turning red. Pumpkins are looking good and a few are beginning to turn orange. Zucchini is still producing and I have actually been able to pick a few beans.

Here's a pic of what I picked Wednesday a.m. My plate says "Mama always said eat your veggies". To some seasoned gardeners, this probably looks silly but keep in mind that I have never had a real garden before. Even though they are few in numbers I love seeing even my little beans! I am even getting potatoes! Corn is next to be picked and then I think I will have had success with everything I planted this year.
 

Remember how I was gone all last week? I didn't pick these big guys because I didn't want to deal with them right before we left. Lookie how huge they grew! The little one is about the right size of what you would buy in the store. I love these lil' monsters!
 



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lindah said...

Good for you, Jana! Isn't it great to pick your own veggies?
I picked up your blog over at the Quilter's Blogs. I'm always looking for new quilty friends. I don't have a blog at this point, but I often comment. I am a quilting grandma in CA...4 grown children and 2 grands, a DH of 50 yrs, and no pets.
The quilt on your banner is gorgeous! Did you make that one? What is it called? Beautiful, beautiful.
I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

Nedra said...

How many of those zuchini's are going to end up on neighbor's porch while you doorbell ditch?
(Just kidding).
Love the harvest. So fresh and healthy.

Nedra said...

I do need zucchini! How did you know? feel free to doorbell ditch me if you can reach my house. I would make zucchini bread and zucchini cookies just to start.