Monday, March 1, 2010

How about one more thing to make.......

On my sidebar you might have noticed I added a couple of quilt-alongs.  I thought that other quilters might want to join and if you are like me and only read blogs through google reader, you probably haven't noticed the additions.  The first one is a jelly roll sew along.  Go here and join in on the fun!  During the next few months, we will be making a jelly roll sampler quilt!  Who doesn't have a few jelly rolls in their possession and are looking for ways to make them into a fun quilt?!  The first block was presented just today so none of us are behind.  A new block will be available every two weeks.

The other fun sew-along is a Round Robin with a twist.  There won't be any sewing and then passing on your portion of the quilt.  We will all make our own Round Robin quilt.  This sew-along has already started (and I am behind) but you can join any time.  I think it will be a fun quilt to use up some of that fabric that I have just laying around and I can't quit buying.  Go here to see the center block.

It's not like I don't have other patterns and books full of ideas of what to make next but these two sew-alongs looked fun and I couldn't resist.  Let me know if you join too!

2 comments:

Nedra said...

wish I could join you, but the stacks of waiting projects have to come first. (deadlines, you know). But they look very fun, and I know your group will have a great time together.

Becky J. said...

Hope to see what you have made in the flickr group too. come share with the rest of us! I am playing along with the jelly roll sampler too. fun stuff.

http://patchworkposse.com/blog