Friday, March 5, 2010

What a week!

Last night that white stuff started falling again. It is always so beautiful to me to see snow fall since I grew up in So. Cal.   It has never gotten old to me to watch out a window to see the snow fall.  This is what it looked like this a.m. outside one of my windows.  Just when I was thinking yesterday how all the snow was about gone from the street and driveway.
On Monday, when we had a nice day, I went for a walk with my new ipod.  Have to say, I am LOVING that thing!  I can listen to music, podcasts and I even found old time radio classics that are free to download.  I love to listen to those old  mysteries.  I listen to one the other day that was recorded over 70 years ago!  
Anyway.  Back to my lovely walk.  
It was lovely until I woke up the next day with a sore throat.  
Then the following day came a full-blown flu.  Oh my.  I haven't been sick in forever so this really put me down for the count.  I laid on the floor as close as I could in front of the fireplace to get myself warm for most of the morning and slept.  Finally I decided I would be more comfortable in bed so I dragged myself there after trying to talk myself into getting up off of the floor for about an hour.  Slept until the Honey came home.  
Felt a bit better yesterday but today I feel pretty much back to my old self so this is what I have been doing this a.m.  Blah.  The house has been neglected this week and needed some loving care.
This is where I really want to be though.....
......finishing the bottom block and then working on another.  These blocks are from the jelly roll sampler and the round robin that I talked about in my earlier post.  

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Nedra said...

Look at the fun color of your sewing room walls. That should cheer you up! I hope you are back to feeling well soon. That snow does not look inviting, especially since I'm heading to Wyoming in another week. Tell it to all melt, at least on the roads.

Rae Ann said...

I had to post a little bit of sunshine myself today Jana... as we are experiencing the same thing here. UGH!
I hope that you are better soon! I just barely got ovet that exact same sore throat flu thing. I spent a week dreaming of things I didn't have enough energy to do.
Love your blocks!

Kim said...

I am glad you are feeling better Jana! I love your blocks too!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

I'm sorry you've been feeling sick! I have to tell you that I LOVE the colors in that quilt in your sewing room, they are so happy! :)

Becky J. said...

I love the basket!!! the super fat pink ricrac--- my favorite. Thanks for playing along with us!

http://patchworkposse.com/blog

Sonja said...

glad your feeling better!! I LOVe my i-pod too, especially when excercing!!