Thursday, March 25, 2010

Love those grandbabies!


I have a tough time getting this lil' man to smile normal anymore.  But it doesn't matter...being around these two lil guys brings such happiness to me!

The quilt you see is one I made for these guy's daddy many years ago.  Didn't have a sewing machine at the time but I wanted a quilt for the new addition we were having.  Bought some cheap fabric at TG&Y (anyone remember that store?) and came home and tied a baby quilt together.  The back is flannel.  Hand sewed the binding on but after years of being loved, I had to sew the binding back on awhile ago.  The quilt still seems to be going strong though.  I should give it to it's rightful owner but every time I see my grandson's play on it, it brings back so many memories of all our hopes and dreams we had as a new family.  Can't do it yet.  




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

I do remember TG&Y and haven't even thought of it in years. You have given me a trip back in time!
Those little guys are so adorable. There is nothing better than being a grandma and having those little ones around. How fun!

Nedra said...

I remember TG&Y also. What did that stand for, anyway? Cute grandbabies!