Sunday, June 28, 2009

Camp Zebra 2009

Once again I found myself at our Church's Girl Camp this past week. I have never been much of a camper. When I was growing up, our camp consisted of a mess hall, cabins and swimming pool. Now I have to take girls to camp and cook over a fire and pitch tents! Not the easiest thing for me to do but I have to admit that it is getting easier and I do love being with the girls so it really is fun. I didn't want to show pics of the girls but I will show the pic of my daughter in law eating a worm. I actually ate a cricket. We played a game where you got points if you ate a bug. Sort of like Fear Factor. The bigger the bug, the more points you got. Thank goodness the cricket tasted like the crunch of a sunflower seed!

We made banana boats in the fire...recipe is simple...just unpeel a banana and add small marshmellows and chocolate chips to it and then roll up in foil. Place on the fire to melt for about 10 minutes and you have a tasty treat! The girls love them and they are so much better than s'mores!

The theme of camp was, "It's a Jungle Out There". We were the Zebras. Look at the cute sign our camp director made for our camp.

On the last night, we had rain. It rained all night and into the morning. I was glad all the girls had mattresses to put their sleeping bags on or else they could have been soaked like some of the other campers. The picture shows my own tent with a puddle of water in it. The rain did not let up all night so I felt fortunate that this was all the water I had in the tent when I finally got out of bed!
 

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sonja said...

FUN!! FUN!!! How did you get your pictures on the blog on your last 2 posts? They look really neat that way.

Ashley said...

I'm so jealous! My dream calling is to go to girl's camp. How fun that you got to go and with Emily too. I'm very impressed to hear you ate a cricket!! :-) Glad you had fun!

Ashley said...

I'm so jealous! My dream calling is to go to girl's camp. How fun that you got to go and with Emily too. I'm very impressed to hear you ate a cricket!! :-) Glad you had fun!

Emily said...

Jana where is the Picture of you eating the cricket? You have to prove it. BTW, your camp was decorated so cute. It was fun to see you up there.

Nedra said...

You are one brave girls camp leader. The rain I could have maybe handled, but I NEVER would have eaten a bug! That goes way beyond the call of duty!