Sunday, June 14, 2009

Utah Valley Parade of Homes

I didn't think I would make it over there this year to the Parade of Homes but all worked out in the end. Saw the most expensive homes but wasn't as impressed as I have been in years past. That's pretty funny when you think about how alot of the homes were over a million and several at two million....and I'm not impressed????? It may have been that I have seen alot of the ideas already. Here are a few pics of things I did like. Looks like green is the color this year since most of the houses had it on their walls. Several homes had wallpaper so that must be coming back in style too. I loved how the old screen door was used as the master closet door! And of course I loved the craft room in the one house. It was large and roomy with plenty of storage cabinets. Hope you can see the pic with the side cabinet made into a skinny broom closet. How clever is that? Click on pic to enlarge:
 

Next week starts the Cache Valley Parade of Homes. I hope to make it to that one. I went a couple of years ago to it and loved the decorating in each of the homes. I hope it will be the same this year! I'm also hoping to get to the Utah Shop Hop next week. I already visited 3 of the shops on Saturday (Broadbent's, American-Quilting and Corn Wagon) but shop hops are fun and you always get a free quilt block pattern at them.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nedra said...

I'll be doing the Wasatch Shop Hop too this year. I haven't been in quite a while and I'm really looking forward to going with friends.

dq said...

Hello,

I missed out on the Halloween swap but have an old Halloween round robin quilt that needs some filler blocks. I would like to swap a block with you. If you might be interested please email me at atticw@hotmail.com. I am a quilt designer and have been quilting for over 14 years. I will do a nice job for you.

View my site at dreamworthyquilts.blogspot.com
I'm in Utah.