Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend quilting

This was a weekend where I didn't get much sewing done but middle child did alot. I was proud of her. Her first quilt she ever made was a buggy barn pattern, called Crazy Stars. I had made her go with me to a local retreat a couple of years ago and for someone who really hadn't sewn before, she did great and finished the thing that same weekend! This weekend she wanted to make another one from one of the new Buggy Barn books to put in her room at the cabin. It is called Crazy Sails. If you have never sewn a Buggy Barn quilt, it can be a bit crazy (hence the name, I assume). Alot of times you don't have to match up seams so it is hard to just be free as you sew. Your mind keeps telling you that you have to match when you really don't. They are fun quilts to make after you get out of your traditional mind set of how to make a quilt.
Here's some pics....it was a rainy weekend (again) but we still had a fun time playing.
 

 

 

Yes I made her go outside with all her blocks to take a pic...you can't tell it is windy and cold, can you? :)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nedra said...

I love Buggy Barn and have most of their books. I think the process is very freeing.
Aren't new quilters the best?

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That is a great quilt and love the colors. I dream of the day my daughter wants to quilt with me!

Sonja said...

I guess I am a little slow but I love this quilt how fun!!