Friday, October 16, 2009

Another purse class-"It's all about me"

Last night I took another purse class with my daughter.  It was a small class, which made it nice to get quicker one on one time with the instructors.
Here's my daughter telling me not to take her picture.  She also has on her "safety glasses".  I was happy I had on my own safety glasses after breaking a needle trying to sew through some bulkiness!

Bobbi and Char have a wonderful quilt shop!  This is the teaching room of the store.  Look closely and you can see the BOM for this year.  They are very generous with their blocks.  If you come every month and have your block sewn, you get the next month's block free.  That means you could actually make a quilt for only $6 because you only pay for the very first block.

Middle daughter and I were able to actually get most of the purse made while at class!  Yes!

I hate going to classes and bringing home unfinished projects so I got up this a.m. and topstitched the top of the purse and put on the flower.  I was going to use different fabric but was lucky enough to have my new Authentic from Sweetwater arrive yesterday in the mail!  Hence the red button on the flower...my other fabric was red and black.  I think it gives it a certain "pop".....or I am telling myself that until I can go check out some green buttons for the center.

Here's the pattern we used.  Geralyn is a local gal who is just starting her own pattern company with her sister.
One thing I learned last night was that Nancy's Notions has fusible piping.  I didn't know there was such a thing but it sure made it quick and easy to sew the piping into the purse!  


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Jana the bags are adorable.

Sonja said...

They are so cute. I loved our visit!!