Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sunflowers in the Rough

For awhile now I have been thinking that I needed to start making quilts from the quilt kits that I seem to acquire far more often than I should.  It is so easy to buy a kit with all the fabric and pattern put together for you.  Sometimes it is cheaper too, especially if you decide you have to have new fresh fabric and not use your stash.  I had bought this Julie Popa kit years ago and it has been sitting in my closet just waiting for me to pull it out and decide it was time to make it.  When I finally decided that this kit would be "the one" to make next, I found out that it didn't have enough different fabric for the background and it didn't have any of the yellows or blues that I needed.  A bit disappointing but we are making do by using scraps of 30's fabric.  
Finally all the pieces are cut out!  Now it's time to sew!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nedra said...

It's going to be wonderful, I can tell already. I have bins full of things to start. Now my fabric tastes have changed. Not quite sure if I want to go back or forward!